Technical Support Analyst
Desired candidate will be part of the Visa Operations Command Center - monitoring critical production applications (CyberSource Authorize.net system and Transactions) and resolve or manage the prompt resolution of all incidents.
- The candidate will be part of the Visa Operations Command Center - monitoring critical production applications
- Supporting Enterprise level merchants implementing new processors and applications in our production systems, and acting as a liaison between Operations, Product Development, and Customer Support to coordinate system changes and enhancements
- ITIL 4 certification
- 3+ years of experience with Open Systems platforms (Windows & Unix/Linux, Solaris, SQL).
- Experience in supporting website and mobile applications.
- Scripting language exp. Programming language exp would be preffered.
- Shift work, 12 hours shifts, no night shifts but includes weekend work, as the operations shift schedule
The Technical Support Analyst is responsible for providing settlement processing and report generation for our Enterprise level merchants, solving complex problems, implementing new processors and applications in our production systems, and acting as a liaison between Operations, Product Development, and Customer Support to coordinate system changes and enhancements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Chair and actively drive critical/major incident resolution to meet group MTTR objectives.
- Document and communicate critical milestones/progress of ongoing incidents on a bridge call timely and accurately.
- Accurately and promptly assess/solicit the impact, take ownership and drive incidents to resolution as dictated by the impact and severity of the problem.
- Responsible for the internal and external communication of issues to users, other internal support groups and the customers via pages, email broadcasts or phone.
- Correlate critical alerts on monitoring platform with actual system outages.
- Follow documented operations processes and work with appropriate groups to administer and maintain these policies to ensure standard approach is adopted during escalation or when implementing system changes.
- Provide an Operations and Support perspective in the adoption of new technologies and the implementation of new software.
- Support project schedules and changes which can include participation in UAT testing, creation of process and procedures, and assist with training specific to team. This includes evaluating of products and influencing decision of purchase or outcome.
- Collaborates with the project team, internal partners, external client, and third parties to ensure the successful delivery of the workforce management system and its integration.
- Resolve incidents promptly without escalation.
- Constantly follow-up on all open incidents and problem tickets to meet group objectives.
- Review and approve new alert handling procedures and ensure they are written clearly and can be carried out by all analysts.
- Work on multiple platforms including ticket queue, mailbox, alert console and phone calls.
- Provide routine L1 system administration on multiple server platforms (Windows, Unix/Linux, Solaris).
- Propose process/procedure improvements to better the department and services provided.
- Offer effective/sound recommendations to address repetitive issues.
- Operations environment requiring shift work, 12-hour day shifts, required to work weekends, holidays, as requested or scheduled.
Key Performance Indicator
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Perform Incident, Change and Problem Management according to documented guidelines.
- Be able to respond / action escalation utilizing our knowledge base in Incident tickets, websites, and documented process/procedures.
- Ensure all issue tracked, resolved to maintain and make improvements to ensure no SLA's are missed or extended outages occurs.
- Strong ability to apply efficient decision-making, problem-solving and technical skills.
This is an on-site position. An on-site position must be consistently performed at an assigned Visa office location and require daily commute to the office location.
• 5 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD).
• 8 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or more than 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
Must have skills
• Excellent understanding and have over 3 years hands on experience with Open Systems platforms (Windows & Unix/Linux, Solaris, SQL).
• Good understanding of networking principles.
• Possesses Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation v4 Certificate or higher certification is a plus.
• Experience in supporting website and mobile applications.
• Meticulous, highly motivated and portray a sound business ethic.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Has strong reporting, documentation and presentation skills.
• Able to effectively communicate at a staff level and senior management level.
• Experience in managing/running high visibility technical bridge calls with real-time impact to business, crafting and sending communications to business stakeholders.
• Must be able to multitask and prioritize work.
• Must have an analytical mind - be able to analyze situations and offer solution to common problems.
• Able to work on own initiative and independently.
• Open to work 12 hour shift schedule no night shifts but you will be required to work weekends and over the holiday periods as per the shift schedule.
Good to have skills:
• Possesses scripting/programming knowledge or 1+ years of experience in either of the following: Java, Spring, Oracle, and other programming languages.
• Knowledge of web services standards and related technologies (XML, SOAP, REST) is a plus.
• Knowledge in writing and reviewing technical documentation/tutorials for quality service desk setup so as to ensure L1 and L2 team performs all the agreed ITIL processes.
• Review and approve new procedures and prepare training material for the staff when required.
• Manage serious outages in production by interfacing between business, developers, infrastructure teams and management.