Manager, Data Science
Purpose of the Role
- Build and deploy data science models into business processes.
- Derive value from AI/ML driven decision making.
- Communicate with stakeholders to understand their pain points and business needs, to provide insights and data solutions to help them make data driven decision.
Oversight of analysis, insights generation, dashboard building and modelling.
- Key Responsibilities
- Lead a team of data scientist and ML engineers to build, deploy and monitor AI/ML models to generate values for the business.
- Manage key stakeholders’ expectations, set project directions, timeline, and deliverables.
- Ideate and design solutions for process re-engineering to embed the AI/ML model into business processes.
- Experimental design to attribute value contribution of data science models.
Key Decisions within the Role
- Deliver accurate and high-quality analysis that can generate values for business.
- Provide insights based on understanding of the data on feasibility of requests from stakeholders.
- Individual should have relevant experience in financial services industry, understand drivers of business and able to apply data solution to deliver desirable outcomes.
- Individual should have experience in dealing with large customers’ data set, able to generate insights from complex analysis and models and communicate effectively to stakeholders.
- Individual should have a track record of building and deploying data science models that have a measured value contribution to the business.
- Individual should have insurance domain knowledge.
- Individual should have experience in leading a small team.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Business Analytics, Economics, or Similar
- Masters in Statistics or any quantitative analytics or equivalent professional qualification