Associate Director, GBS Compliance Services
- To work closely with the Senior Manager, GBS Compliance Services (GCS) to implement a robust and dynamic model and act as Back-up whenever necessary
- Build and develop a Management Information System that profiles business performance; enhances our commercial reporting and gives stakeholders clear visibility of how services are being managed in the GBS.
- Work with the business units to drive standardisation and establish key metrics that cut across the different functions and departments.
- Own the production of data mining and assist where required the generation of reports and dashboards.
- Support the commercial agenda and help create a corporate identity for GCS.
- Review and monitor business adherence to Group Compliance Policies and procedures.
- Support and Lead the Risk Governance function and define modus operandi
- Provide management oversight of ANTI-BRIBERY & CORRUPTION (“ABC”) and Gifts and Entertainment and take responsibility for production delivery.
Group Standard Compliance Performance
- Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of the role. Understand and comply with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, and regulations, including those governing anti-money laundering, terrorist financing, and sanctions; the Group’s policies and procedures; and the Group Code of Conduct. Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters
- Embed ‘Here for Good’ and Group’s purpose - Driving commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity. Promote a culture of openness, trust, and risk awareness, where ethical, legal, regulatory and policy compliant conduct is the norm
Business Delivery and Performance
- Establish system and process of key performance indicators and key business metrics
- Understand and monitor monthly financial performance and underlying cost drivers
- Participate in developing business strategies and formulate financial frameworks to support the business outcome
- Assist the drive for commercialisation and focus on a client service support model
- Become the focal point for all data related enquiries within GBS Compliance Services
- Own the governance process of SLA renewals and recharge methodologies
- Control and monitor operating costs of the business function
- Work closely and collaborate with support partners to produce meaningful MIS and prepare reports to help manage the business
- Ensure alignment of Global Process Owners and GBS led initiatives
- Understand changing landscapes and take responsibility for new requirements and execution of delivery
Agility in Strategic Change Management
- Support and implement the vision, strategy, direction and leadership for Group Compliance teams,
- Provide input to Group/region/country/CoE operating model design
- Foster a change mindset and assist delivery of the change
- Seek continuous improvement within the production lines and streamline processes that need not be manual or labour intensive
- Ensure there is adequate support for people, processes, tools, frameworks, systems in GBS
- Review new business requirements and provide solutions where required
People and Talent
- Provide leadership, management and coaching to direct reports to ensure they are highly engaged and performing to potential
- Promote and embed a culture of openness, trust and risk awareness, where ethical, legal, regulatory and policy compliant conduct is the norm.
- Stimulate an environment where forward planning, prioritisation, deadline management and streamlined workflows and collaborative, inclusive yet effective and efficient work practices are the norm
- Collaborate with training teams and give input to training curriculum to support closing of capability gaps
- Get involved with Subject Matter Experts and take a hands on approach to delivering production output
- Promote and live by the company values – do the right thing, never settle and better together.
- Support all control checks approved by Operational Risk Framework (ORF) & be accountable for identification and escalation of potential risks and issues to senior management through appropriate governance channels and the Quality Assurance framework
- Inform senior management and relevant stakeholders of serious potential regulatory breaches (or where risk tolerances have been breached) and ensure that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased
- Ensure alignment of business process controls and broader GBS risk frameworks and communicate widely so all understand the inherent risks in our business
- Profile and understand how migration of processes affects existing metrics and implement changes where necessary
Communicate and Collaborate
- Support effective and timely communication along with collaboration cutting through functions and business
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Influences Business Division and Business Function leaders as key stakeholders in setting and managing expectations
- From time to time provide Risk Governance and Support across Business Units outside of current domain
8-12 years of relevant work industry experience in any 2 of the following areas:
- Finance, Risk, Business Management, Operations, and Technology
- Experienced in building teams and managing people including hiring, training and developing staff
- Managing complex and ambiguous relationship & stakeholders
- Able to communicate issues and solutions clearly and concisely
- Strong understanding of financials and cost management practices
- Knowledgeable in running businesses and underlying key drivers
- Used to working on projects, change, influencing and negotiating business outcomes
- Strong understanding of Business, Function Compliance & Operational Risk
- Continuously improve business process: experience of & aptitude for identifying & implementing process improvements
- Inquisitive & service-oriented attitude
- Commercial mindset a must and proficiency at an intermediary level or above in MS Excel, MS Power point and MS Word is essential
- Programming skill highly regarded
Training, licenses, memberships, and certifications:
- Degree holder preferably Economics, Finance, Business and /or IT
- Any relevant licenses, memberships, and certifications
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.