Senior WordPress Developer
In HackerTrail, you will be part of a multi-cultural team in disrupting the recruitment industry in Asia. Our open culture and ‘dare to fail’ make us brave and continuously develop new ideas that make a difference to our community. We love what we do and we celebrate every wins we get as a team.
We are tech-driven and we strive for high performance. We love solving tough problems and take time to learn from each other.
We spend our days in building a safe and helpful community where Techies can engage and receive advices to bring their career to the next level.
As a Senior WordPress Developer at HackerTrail, you will be working with a lean and agile team made up of talented individuals. The self-motivated ones tend to thrive best here, and we are looking for someone who has an acknowledgement that we can always do better.
This position is for someone who has a deep understanding of WordPress and its associated dependencies. You should be comfortable with both front-end and back-end development on WordPress. If you have built your own themes and plugins before and possibly even contributed to WordPress Core, that will be an added bonus.
What you’ll be doing:
• Work closely with fabulous people spread across the development and product teams to ideate application solutions
• Translating mocks into working responsive themes
• Customizing plugins as per design to deliver a great user experience to our users
• Write effective webhooks to enable an integrated solutions with our other key products
• Testing, testing and testing
• Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade the application and its dependencies • Write technical documentation
What we are looking for:
• You can architect and design solutions in delivering our application at scale
• You have a great understanding of WordPress core and its functions at the code level
• You have proven working experience in building WordPress themes and plugins
• You are well-aware of WordPress coding and security best practices
• You are familiar with databases (e.g. MySQL) and cloud deployment (e.g. AWS).
• You have a customer-first mindset • You have excellent command of English (written and oral)
• You enjoy working with a team What makes you unique:
• Experience working with plugins such as BuddyBoss and GamiPress will be a plus