Senior Staff Software Engineer
Affinidi is a technology company dedicated to changing data ownership for good. We empower businesses and individuals with control and ownership of their data, with a comprehensive approach to managing their holistic identity – accounting for all aspects of their digital footprint while ensuring privacy and security.
Affinidi’s technology enables users to benefit from decentralised digital identity solutions. We believe that everyone has the right to own and control their data, and we are committed to creating a trusted digital credentials ecosystem that empowers businesses and individuals to securely exchange data and services across borders and industries.
We believe in hiring different and diverse talent and providing a safe space where everyone can share their views without fear, where differences are celebrated, and where no one is left out. Inclusive cultures are the foundation for collaboration and innovation within our team.
About the role:
We are In search of a self-motivated, solution-oriented and experienced Senior Staff Software Engineer to join our Affinidi Elements team. In this role, you will work with global peers on teams dedicated to areas of the product portfolio, from the product, design, infrastructure, architecture, and back/front-end engineering teams. You will be responsible for the continued enhancement and development of a multi-component platform, where your expert skills in designing, architecting, and building quality systems will intersect with your hands-on coding, performance testing, and integrating experience. This position reports to the Director of Engineering.
Our work culture at Affinidi is shaped by the following tenets:
- We are unapologetically customer-focused
- We invest in cultures and teams to enable high performance
- Embraces experimentation and builds fast
- We have the courage to be misunderstood
- We work together to unlock data
What’s in it for you:
- Develop features and improvements to the Affinidi Elements product in a secure, well-tested, and performant way, primarily using Typescript & React.
- Analyze and interpret highly complex data to arrive at actionable recommendations
- Collaborate with Product Management and other stakeholders within Engineering (eg UX) to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance
- Solve technical problems with large scope and complexity
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale systems environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Confidently own moderate to significantly complex features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
- Mentor other engineers, contribute to team and organizational improvements in processes and tooling
You will be a great match if you:
- You have minimum 10 year of overall experience. Have experience with performance and optimization problems, a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent such problems, and a desire to share your knowledge and scale through others
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced startup environment where you can be autonomous and experimental, be part of a truly global team, and can work up and down the stack
- Have strong technical documentation skills, including the C4 Model and Architectural Decision Records
- Have extensive expertise in cloud computing and native environments (AWS preferred)
- Understand design patterns and have working experience in developing and deploying microservices in the cloud, and have a proven track-record in doing so
- Are hands-on with REST APIs and are able to apply Test Driven Development principles effectively.
- Care about privacy by design, security, testing, high-performance systems, and mentoring others, and have an inclination towards clear communication, inclusion and visibility
- Experience working cross-functionally, and across locations and timezones
- Domain expertise in decentralized identity solutions
- Experience in developing systems with cryptography requirements
What can you expect from us:
- Hybrid working model
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Competitive compensation package
- Work within international environment
- Learning Budget
- Mobile Allowance
- Home Office Allowance
- Urban Sport Membership