Full Stack Engineer
Hello, let us introduce ourselves!
We are watchTowr, an early-stage VC-backed cyber-security start-up headquartered in Singapore. Cyber security veterans and technical experts, we are obsessed with building exciting technology for some of the world’s most targeted organisations.
With experience informed by years of simulating sophisticated cyber attacks against some of the world's largest organisations, our mission is to enable organisations to continuously understand, assess and assure their real external cyber attack surface - with cutting-edge technology.
By leveraging data, our mission is to empower organisations to keep up with the rapid rate of evolution across the cyber security industry, by providing continuous and real-time assurance in line with a frontline adversarial understanding of cyber security.
We are a young, high-energy and high-performing team that is devoted to building world-class technology, in pursuit of realising our mission. We are in a high and aggressive growth phase of our journey, and are excited to continue adding colleagues to join our force of nature.
But what’s the role?
We are looking for an ambitious Full Stack Engineer to join us and our client facing application team, in our mission of helping organisations understand how they could be hacked - in real-time.
Sounds great – what will I do?
- This will be a full-stack focused role, to own features from frontend to backend.
- You will have a role in designing, developing and maintaining our client facing application used to help organisations visualise and protect highly critical systems with a lot to lose
- You will work closely with our cybersecurity and design teams to formulate how best to present data to our clients
- You will tackle technology and data problems – how do we handle large amounts of data and give our clients control over their data and the processes behind it?
Sounds perfect to me, what specifics are you looking for?
- Backend: Node.js, Typescript
- Frontend: React.js, Typescript
- Database: MySQL
- Message Queues: Kafka, RabbitMQ
Ideally, you should have at least 3 or more years of experience:
- Translating design and product requirements into code
- Delivering features across the full stack of a SaaS platform
- Handling data stored in both relational and non-relational database management systems
- Writing clean, testable code and are familiar with different testing strategies
It’ll also be awesome if you:
- Have experience working with data visualisation and creating intuitive components
- Have experience in platform engineering work such as creating CI/CD pipelines and understand common deployment patterns
- Have worked in an Agile environment with a strong DevOps culture
When you join us, you can expect (ok, we kinda expect this from you too):
- A highly motivated team that obsesses over our shared mission
- To be part of a team of outcome-focused problem-solvers
- An environment of autonomy and creativity to support you to deliver great work
- A culture of continuous improvement in the form of learning and growth
What’s in it for me?
- Competitive compensation - we believe that hard work, skills and ambition should be fairly compensated.
- Meaningful role in a company - You will be a key and early contributor to a fast-growing cyber security business that helps protect some of the world's largest enterprises.
- The best tools and powerful kit - we enable you with the tools to effectively fulfil your role.
- Endless opportunities – we are in a high-growth phase of our journey, and plan to promote from within as we scale.
- Work with cyber security experts – we are solving cutting-edge industry-wide cyber security challenges with some of the world’s most advanced organisations.
- Work hard, play hard - we work hard together, but we also have fun together. On Fridays, we regularly turn on the speakers, open the beer fridge, and prepare for the weekend.