VP Build Engineer, Group Infrastructure & Platform Services
About the Department
Group Technology and Operations (GTO) provides software and system development, information technology support services and banking operations.
We have centralized and standardized the technology components into Singapore, creating a global footprint which can be utilized for supporting our regional subsidiaries and the branches around the world. We operate and support 19 countries with this architecture to provide a secure and flexible banking infrastructure.
Our Operations divisions provide transactional customer services for our businesses while also focusing on cost efficiency through process improvements, automation and straight through processing.
Functionally reports to the Service Build Engineering Lead under Group Infrastructure Platform Services, the Build engineer will be responsible for detail design, build, post provision support and continuously optimize and automate the end-to-end build and provisioning process in accordance to the bank standard.
This role will support and collaborate with Design, planning, solution architect, application and Development teams on infra build requirements, standards and the use, optimization and troubleshooting of all features in VMware, Linux, Windows & its tools.
This role will participate in technical discussions to share ideas and provide feedback in continuing the improvement of the Service Build Engineering team in areas such as Optimization, automation, cost savings, technology adoption & operational efficiency.
- Managing and Operating Red Hat Linux, Windows VM Infrastructure
- Maintain System Security
- Advanced Troubleshooting
- Performance Tuning
- Capacity Management
- Preventive/Proactive Support
- Incident/Change/Problem Management
- Provide system administration support and guidance for development team’s app configuration tasks
- Veritas Clustering Setup on RHEL VM would be added advantage
- Chef Automation would be added advantage
- Managing and Operating VMware vSphere IT infrastructure
- Other IT Infrastructure Related Tasks
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or related field
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and Windows Administration
- Must Have:
- Intensive experience in supporting RHEL for JBOSS/WebSphere/WebLogic, Oracle DB is a must
- Intensive experience in supporting RHEL in DMZ is a must
- Professional understanding of networking related to RHEL and Windows
- Professional understanding of SAN Storage related to RHEL and Windows
- Good understanding of large Data Center Facilities operation
- Hands-On experience supporting various Infrastructure agents like NetBackup, BMC Patrol
- (Mid-Level) vSphere 5.x and 6.x
- Cross-team collaboration with storage, network, security and application delivery
- Technical leadership quality to handle technical challenge and sensitive situations
- Integrate the server automation process either by custom scripts or via third-party solutions(Chef)
- Candidate should have the drive and intellectual horsepower to resolve user issues and support them through telephone, email, or via chat services as applicable
- Strong communications skills
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills