Frontend Software Engineer
Singularity Data is an early-stage start-up that innovates next-generation database systems. The company develops RisingWave, a cloud-native SQL streaming database for modern real-time applications.
RisingWave is a cloud-native streaming database that uses SQL as the interface language. It is designed to reduce the complexity and cost of building real-time applications. RisingWave consumes streaming data, performs continuous queries, and updates results dynamically. As a database system, RisingWave maintains results inside its own storage and allows users to access data efficiently.
Singularity Data was founded in early 2021 by a team of experienced database researchers and practitioners who have previously worked for the likes of, AWS Redshift, Microsoft Azure, Snowflake, LinkedIn, Uber, etc.
Singularity Data has raised tens of millions of US Dollars from top-tier VC funds and angels.
- Implement cross-platform web-based features, user interfaces, and services for enterprise-grade cloud platforms
- Responsible for optimizing scalability, reliability, and responsiveness of web-based application pages, and delivering a compelling end-user experience
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications
- Keep at the forefront of emerging web-based technologies and trends, research and evaluate the latest web development frameworks, apply new technologies to drive iterative product improvements.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field preferred
- Experience in developing frontend web applications, with expertise in deep optimization of end-user experience, stability & scalability, code modularity, and rendering latency
- Good understanding of frontend backend multitier application architecture and protocols, familiarity with product and software development lifecycle process
- Agile, quick self-learner, highly self-motivated with strong sense of product ownership and creative problem solver.
- (Optional) Background in using AWS, GCP, or another cloud provider services
- (Optional) Background in database system internals
- (Optional) Background in big data ecosystem