Senior Software Engineer
• Design, implement, and maintain all existing databases RDS and DynamoDB, with special consideration for security, data privacy, and compliance requirements
• Build and maintain a backend application using python flask, that meet the technical requirements and regulations for medical device software and can handle large scale of user-generated data from the mobile app
• Build and maintain servers and related infrastructure hosted on companies’ AWS, and ensuring 24/7/365 availability, with customer-orientated focus.
• Monitor resource usage and suggest and improve existing schema designs as part of software development initiatives.
• Build and maintain REST APIs for the mobile and web apps by frontend teams.
• Handle push notifications and in-app notification campaigns for the medical device
• Collaborate with other team members to deliver high-quality software that meet regulatory requirements
• Continuously improve the performance, scalability, and security of the backend application, databases, push notifications and data handling systems, and implement cronjobs/sync jobs to sync data across the databases
• Participate in Disaster Recovery activities owned by the organisation.
• Participate in delivering of large-scale projects across multiple geographic regions as and when required.
• 5 - 7 years of experience in backend/devops engineering or software development related work
• Strong experience in database management (DBMS) and strong in SQL.
• Strong experience with backend frameworks (i.e. Python Flask, React, etc.)
• Experience in deploying apps and setting up CI/CD pipelines for smooth delivery of high performing apps to end-users and testers with Docker, AWS Pipelines, etc.)
• Strong understanding of API design, development, maintenance and security best practices
• Experience in handling push notifications and in-app notification campaigns
• Experience in building scalable systems that can handle large scale of user-generated data
• Experience with API, DB and backend testing and quality assurance with industry best practices
• Experience working with mobile app development using Flutter is a plus
• Strong problem-solving and debugging skills
• Strong communication and teamwork skills, with an understanding of compliance and regulatory requirements for medical device software.