Funding Societies | Modalku is the largest SME digital financing platform in Southeast Asia. We are licensed in Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, and registered in Malaysia. We are backed by Sequoia India and Softbank Ventures Asia Corp amongst many others and provides business financing to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), which is crowdfunded by individual and institutional investors.
Our Engineering culture is built upon a trust based system in a delivery and innovation driven environment. We allow for flexible work times and locations so that our engineers can be in a working environment where they can do their best work. We encourage collaboration among our squads and continuous learning from each other. If you would like to see some of the things our engineers are working on, you can visit our engineering blog here.
We are looking for a Staff Engineer who would be having a deep technical impact across all the products built by funding societies. She will take on key engineering initiatives to drive steep changes in the architecture. At our fast-growing pace, we outgrow our systems periodically, she will be responsible for making those trade-off decisions.
This position is available for fully remote working arrangements across all cities in the country.
What you will do:
- Provide technical leadership in building several core platform capabilities
- Drive technical initiatives that are strategic to funding societies, take calculated risks on short term and long term technical trade-offs.
- Identify key technical challenges, remove inefficiencies, drive alignment on solutions, collaboratively plan releases
- Raise the bar on development methodologies, left shift security, quality, and write clear documentation
- Collaborate with engineers and product managers across Squads to deliver results
- Provide technical mentoring for her team of talented engineers while also executing and delivering on the challenging projects
- Show exemplary leadership qualities while handling technical and people challenges
What it is in for you:
- You will be empowered to bring our team to the next level. We believe everyone brings in unique skills and experience and we provide you the platform to the best of who you are.
- You will be able to experiment with the latest technology and techniques that will deliver business impact. Join us to see how we use the design system and new landing page framework to empower our internal users.
- You will get to create new tools that will solve unique financial inclusion problems across SEA
- You will have freedom in the way you wish to work. With a highly self-driving and delivery-focused working culture, we are fully supportive with flexi-hour, remote working and unlimited leave policy.