As a Data Engineer in the Technology Development Group, you will work closely with agile team members and relevant stakeholders. Reporting to the Team Lead, and working alongside a team of Data Engineers, Software Engineers and Developers you will be responsible for performing responsibilities that are critical to the delivery of EZ-Link’s products, and in doing so, be at the forefront of transformation in EZ-Link.
Creation and maintenance of analytics infrastructure, develop and test of data related components within EZ-Link’s IT system architecture, and create data set processes used in modeling, mining, acquisition, and verification are some examples of how we define and measure success in EZ-Link. You will be part of contributing towards achieving results in your day-to-day role.
- Work in the Agile team and work closely with Product Owners, Business Analysts and other team members to achieve common goals
- Develop, data import / export, maintenance and testing of data related components within EZ-Link IT system architecture such as data tables and processing systems
- Create data set processes used in modeling, mining, acquisition, and verification
- Work within development team to design the data flow and data storage. Provide guideline to developer in implementation
- Provide the required database\tables, support and develop application\script
- Investigate issues from data point of view. Support stakeholder on the update, automation and mining of data
- Drive the provision and usage of data tools within the organization
- Work with business analyst and architect closely towards getting more useful data and more self-service usage of data by stakeholders
- Work with data analyst on initiative to provide dash board for important and useful real-time data in a user friendly presentation
- Perform Database maintenance, housekeeping & performance tuning
- Continuous monitoring of database usages and capacity
- Keep up-to-date of new technologies, explore and experiment technologies that will help to improve database processes or automation on ETL pipelines
- At least a Degree/Diploma with minimum 5 years of experience in IT (include programming).
- Experience working with ETL tools/frameworks will be an added advantage.
- Proficient in SQL programming
- Have hands on experience on Oracle DB.
- Have hands on experience on Azure SQL skillsets like Azure Data Lake, blob storage.
- Data Factory experience will be an added advantage.