Software Test Engineer (Connectivity)
Software Test & Quality Assurance ensures the products we sell represent the high Quality and Reliability of the Dyson brand, by using the world class techniques to implement automated methods of testing. This can involve simulating elements of the product to allow testing of all scenarios, to using image recognition or advanced technologies for automatic identification of elements displayed on the user interface. Our labs allow unattended testing of partial to full products including moving robots, allowing the team to work remotely.
About the role
- Verify Dyson products software features, compatibility, and performance, including soak, robust and stability test
- Develop Wifi and Bluetooth software test strategies and plans
- Better to understand Wifi and Bluetooth protocol and architecture
- Design software test cases and automation test scripts.
- Build-up software automation test environment.
- Execute related software tests, and report problems via the defect tracking system. Analyse and track software defects through their resolution. Verify code fixes and sign off on resolutions
- Participate in related project or scrum meetings throughout the software development process to help guide the delivery of a good quality software product.
- Review and analyse software requirements for completeness, lack of ambiguity, and testability.
- At least a Bachelor degree in wireless communication, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, computer or related fields.
- Experience with testing in connectivity is essential e.g. Bluetooth, Wifi.
- Knowledge of Software test in embedded system, such as Linux / RTOS / ROS/embed C
- Familiar with languages such as Python, C etc.
- Possess a good understanding of agile software development, basic electronics hardware, its interfacing to software systems and a basic knowledge of electronics circuitry.
- A team player with good communication and strong analytical skills.
- Possess a thorough understanding of Software and Quality Assurance processes and methodologies in a software development environment.
- Experience with version control systems and automated testing tools.
- A plus if candidate has experience in SAFe Agile Software tests